Monday, October 20, 2008

2 for 1

I have to give a shout out to my sis in law, Amy. She and Jay brought me a sweet potato pie on Wednesday after my surgery. Well, come to find out, Amy got sick on Thursday and had HER gallbladder removed on Friday. I called her up and said "is the hospital running a 2 for 1 deal on gallbladders?" - LOL. I hope you feel better today Amy! We love you!!!

Thanks to everyone who has sent me well wishes and checked on me this past week. It really means a lot! I feel very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends! I have *never* had surgery before so I was pretty nervous last Tuesday but I am feeling much, much better. I go on Wednesday to have my staples removed - which I'm nervous about because I'm terrified it's going to hurt. I mean, how could it NOT...they are pulling staples out of your skin...think about it....ugh!

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend letting a 3 year old watch "Monster House" either.....another bad parenting move on my part but I think it scared the bee jeebies out of Cooper! =)

2 comments:

Jan, Emily, Ella and Sara said...

Hey Mandy! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Mom told me about your surgery. Just wanted to let you know, I've taken tons of staples out of women after c/s's and they don't hardly even flinch. There's nothing to it. A special instrument that bends them up in the middle and they slide right out, so relax and don't worry about it:)
Love your pictures! Enjoy those fun holidays at home. We sure do miss them!

Angela said...

Hey Mandy,
I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better! Don't worry about the staples hurting I had them four different times! One time even in my head! You will do Great Wednesday! Take care! Angela