Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm alive

Hey guys - I just got home from the hospital. I had to have my gallbladder removed. I got very sick early Monday morning and broke down and went to the ER as soon as Al had took the kids to school. After talking to the ER doctor about my stomach issues and how sick I was that morning, she ordered an u/s of my gallbladder. And that's what it was - I had gallstones, a thickened wall and sludge in my gallbladder. Apparently gallbladder issues are pretty common in pregnant women and after you have a baby so when I first started having issues after Cooper was born, that's what it probably was! To think I've been dealing with this for 3 years!!!! So, yesterday morning at 7am, they took the darn thing out. I'm still really sore but I feel ok. I don't remember a darn thing from the time they gave me the "happy" drugs to the time the nurse woke me up! Ha ha! Everyone keeps saying that I will feel ssssooo much better now and not have any more issues, so I'm really excited about that outcome. I probably won't post for a few more days.....I just need to lay around and relax and get some of this soreness out. And on top of this - Al and Olivia woke up feeling really cruddy today. Not good! Pray that they feel better soon!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad they figured out what it was and you got it taken care of! Hopefully you'll be feeling tons better soon!

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I had no idea you went to the hospital or had surgery!! I'm you sis-in-law. I should know these things.

Aron said...

Oh, Mandy! I'm so glad they finally figured the problem out. And sorry that it didn't happen sooner. Get plenty of rest!

analiese said...

OMG...I am so glad you are okay and I hope that this all takes care of your problems :) Get better soon!