Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Cooper Scissorhands

Al usually goes to the Willis Drive Crime Watchers meetings but since he's working on the siding on the house after work, I went for him. They tricked me by saying they wanted help in planning a neighborhood social.....

Anyways, while I was gone, Al had to watch the kids while he worked. Normally they just play out of the way but last night they just couldn't stay out of trouble. Al said he took a tape measure from them several times but they kept sneaking by and getting it. Well, folks, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. And yes, tape measures are very dangerous! =)

The story I was told (since I wasn't there) is that Olivia and Cooper were playing with the tape measure - pulling it all the way out, it broke and Cooper was standing there holding the actual part that measures stuff. Well, Big Sissy snatched it from his hands and both his pinky fingers got a small cut on them. When I got home Cooper was sitting on the couch with his two pinky fingers high in the air. Very odd. Until I heard the story. So all night and this morning, Cooper walked around with this pinky fingers sticking way out looking like he was imitating Edward Scissorhands or something. It's kind of funny.

And don't worry....I looked at his fingers this morning and the cuts are very small and not deep at all. They should be healed in a day or so. Leave it to one of my kids to get injured from a normal, every day, mundane object!

No comments: