Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mama Van!


Cooper is talking up a storm these days - and I couldn't be any happier! :) He has the sweetest, most darling voice you'll ever hear. And when he says "NAW (no)", he sounds just like that Stewie character off Mad TV. LOL Oh, and yes, Al and I still haven't broken his dependacy on the paci. We are still working on it, but it's hard. Al has got to where he's hiding his paci until it's bed time and then giving it to him. Last night was KILLER. Cooper kept climbing up on his changing table (I use it as a book shelf type deal now, I'm very recycle friendly - ha ha) and looking for his paci. When he couldn't find it, he would look at me, point to his changing table and whine. Poor little guy!

OOOOHHHH - and the point of the title is because the other day when Al and I picked the kids up from school, I was carrying Cooper and when I got to the van, he pointed and said "Mama Van - Yay!" It was too stinking cute! God I love my kids!

Cooper might be my sweetheart, but Olivia is my "no-holds barred, no fear" kid! She loves to try ANYTHING! This picture is case in point. When we went to the May Fly Air Show, they had all kinds of things the kids could play on. WEEELLL...this slide was HUGE. If *I* had been 4 years old, I would have been terrified! Not Olivia Grace. She zoned in on it and wanted to slide down it. And she did - about 10 times. They had these big jumpee things the kids could strap in and jump real high in the air, and she was so upset because she wasn't big enough to do it and she really wanted too. You can see a kid doing in the back ground of the picture.

We're going to the water slide when we go to the beach on the 30th (woo-hoo) and I can't wait because I know Olivia and Cooper are going to have a great time. Guess what? Cooper got in the pool on Tuesday! Can you believe that? And LOVED it. I am so happy because I was really worried he wasn't going to enjoy the beach. I guess he's finally come around.....or just can't take this crazy heat. Yay for the first day of summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i just caught up on your blog, it had been awhile since i checked it out. i love it!
but i was leaving a comment about the paci thing. my sister had a hard time w/ her daughter and the paci thing. about coopers age, she one day told grace it was for babies and she needed to throw it away. it took 6 or 7 times, but she started throwing them away on her own, then she was broke of it. dont ask me how it worked, i guess it was just the right time for her.
you can give it a try if you want, but dont worry about it, there only our babes for a little while! i can't make myself take blakes bottle away either!