Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wonderful, relaxing weekend

Man, this past weekend was so great! I mean, we stayed busy the whole weekend but it was so nice because we did everything at our own pace and really enjoyed ourselves! So, here's the breakdown of our weekend:

Friday - had pizza with my parents. Olivia got to choose what we ate and of course she chose pizza. The kid LOVES pizza - pepperoni and black olive pizza to be exact.

Saturday - we went to a birthday party for my cousin's son, Garrett. Emily's brother Tyler dressed up as Spongebob. You should have seen all the kids at the Sonic attacking that poor boy! He could barely see as is and then got flooded with kids. Cooper LOVED Spongebob from AFAR....but as soon as he got close, Cooper all but climbed out of his daddy's arms. I guess Cooper takes after me with his dislike of characters. I'm not a fan either. :) Oh, and Olivia knew it wasn't the *real* Spongebob because Tyler has hair on his arms and Spongebob doesn't have hair on his. How observant is she?

Sunday - we went to the May Fly Air show. (I hope to have some pics of that up soon). Olivia enjoyed it for the most part, but didn't like it when the jets started flying. Cooper fell asleep - can you believe that? I'm almost positive he's not deaf either. :) It was ssssssooo hot on Sunday though.

Monday - we hung out with Nana and Poppy and grilled burgers and hot dogs. After lunch, Olivia played on her big water slide for a few hours. Cooper wanted NOTHING to do with the water. Guess he's not going to be spending much time in our little pool this year. He happily played on the swing set and drove the Jeep around while Sissy played in the water. He would get close to the pool every now and then, but as soon as Olivia wet him, he cried and ran off. :) Now, I LOVE a pool, so I don't know where he gets *that* from!

So, there's our weekend in a nutshell. Exciting wasn't it? I'm so glad to be back at work but at the same time, I wish it was my vacation week! The countdown is on! Only 4 weeks to go until our family vacation at the beach - woo hoo!

No comments: