Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Jail Time


So yesterday afternoon Olivia comes running in the kitchen to tell me she's thirsty. "We've got Kool Aide or water, take your pick." This started the biggest argument in Olivia's short little life! She didn't want Kool Aide because "it's nasty" (hello...I grew up on Kool Aide and I thought it was pretty darn good!) and she didn't want a drop of water. "Why not O? Water is good for you." Her response? "I don't want water because when you're in jail, all they give you is bread and water!" And the crying began. WHAT??? Now, don't get me wrong, I can totally see Olivia spending time in jail in the future (ha ha) but what does a three year old know of jail? I can only speculate that her Poppy has something to do with it. So, after some major convincing on my part that the grape Kool Aide was actually grape juice - oh, you didn't know there was a big difference? - Olivia went off and continued on her merry way. I tell you what, this little girl totally stresses me out on a daily basis! I sure hope Cooper is much calmer or at least not so dramatic as she is.

Speaking of Cooper - his birthday party is Saturday and we're so excited! I can't wait for my little man's big day! My friend Jenny's little boy Ryan is celebrating his 1st birthday today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!!! It's very cool to have a friend with a baby the same age as yours! And my niece Loren turned three yesterday. She and Olivia are getting so big and grown. Al celebrates his birthday on the 28th and Nana celebrates her birthday with Coopey on the 30th. So August is a busy month in the Griggs household!

No comments: