Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bed time routine

If Olivia is anything, it's consistent. Every night we have the same bed time routine. I read her at least 3 books, usually 4 every night. The order is this....
1. Pookey Little Puppy
2. Love You Forever
3. Olivia the Pig
4. Goodnight Moon

Sometimes we don't read Olivia the Pig, but her routine usually doesn't vary! I think it's so neat that she loves the Pookey little puppy book - that was my favorite as a kid too! I try to skip pages but Olivia knows the story so well she'll say "No Mama, you have to read about him digging the hole. I can't read so you have too!" - which makes me feel like a total turd for trying to deceive her in the first place! Ha! Love You Forever is the "Boy growing up book" and when she tells me she wants to read Olivia the Pig she'll say "because I'm Olivia the little girl, not Olivia the pig, that book is about Olivia the pig, not me" - Like I didn't know! Ha Ha! And she can quote Goodnight Moon almost word for word. She's way too smart! You would think this routine would take forever, but it usually only lasts about 15 minutes. Not too bad I guess.

And in Cooper news - his party is only two days away!!! I have got to get to the store and buy all the supplies I need or I'm going to be doing everything last minute. Oh, and last night he took one more step on his own. So maybe my little man will be walking by Saturday after all! I wonder what books I'll have to read to him every night?

No comments: