Thursday, April 13, 2006

Married with Children

I promise to have pictures of Olivia's birthday party up by next week!

Funny story time!

I had to stay home with the kids yesterday because my van was leaking god knows what from god knows where and Al had to play handyman. So, I played my little heart out all day with Olivia and Cooper. Well, Olivia and I were in the living room watching....you guessed it....Dora! The following coversation almost sent me to the floor laughing.

Olivia: Mommy
Me: Yes Olivia
Olivia: Mommy, are you married?
Me: Do what?
Olivia: Are you married?
Me: Yes Olivia, I'm married to your Daddy
Olivia (with straight face): Oh, ok.
A few mintues pass.........
Olivia: Mommy, can I get married?
Me: Yes Olivia, when you're 25 years old
Olivia: When I get bigger?
Me: Yes Olivia
Olivia: Did you have babies crawl out your tummy?
Me: Not exactly but that describes it well.
Olivia: Can I have a baby when I get bigger?
Me: Where in the world is this coming from? Yes, you can have a baby when you're married and 25 years old.
Olivia: Ok, thank you Mommy.

Off she went focusing back on Dora and I was left there thinking "what in the world was that all about!" This is like the second time she's asked me about being married, but not in so much detail. I have no idea where Olivia Grace comes up with half the stuff that comes out of her mouth! But she definitely keeps her mommy on her toes.

No comments: