Thursday, March 03, 2011

Running Away....

Olivia turns eight in one month.  EIGHT.  Are you kidding me?  I swear, if the next eight years go by as fast as the first eight have, my heart is in major trouble. 

I was looking through pictures tonight and came across this one we took around Easter last year.  She had just turned seven.  She's running on the pier at the Lake.  Away from me.  I wanted to cry as I looked at this picture - the simplicity of it speaks so many truths.

Olivia is no longer the kid that needs Mommy or Daddy ever single second - she craves freedom and time alone.  She actually cares about what she wears, what her hair looks like and *gasp* what her friends think of her.  I need to face it...she's growing up.  I'm so happy that she's growing up to be a strong willed, smart, independent girl (exactly like her Mom!).  So why do I still wish she was running towards me rather than away from me? 

They don't stay little forever - that is such an understatement. 

No comments: