Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lost Respect

I'm a huge George Lopez fan.  But not so much now.  I don't care if you like Kristie Alley or not (I actually do, but that's beside the point) - NO ONE has the right to compare you to a dancing pig.  Honestly, I found it insulting.  Not only to her, but even personally.  I'm no twig and I've battled weight issues my *entire* life and for someone to humiliate an overweight actress for her weight, well then what kind of example are giving out to girls like my daughter? 

I don't see George Lopez out there dancing away.  I will give it to Kristie Alley, she's got guts.  I could NEVER do a show like Dancing with the Stars.  I think it's wonderful that she decided to give it a try.  She's already shown America that us full figured girls can dance and look super sexy doing it.  At this point, she's my idol.   But when George Lopez goes on TV and publicly makes jokes like that - well then, you might as well have told my almost eight year old that she was fat too. 

And if you're one of these people who say - oh, he was just joking, lighten up - well then 1.  You don't respect other's feeling apparently 2.  You don't have kids and don't see how this could affect girls self images 3.  You get a kick out of insulting women  4.  You're skinny and hungry.  So I say to you - KISS IT. 

So Mr. Lopez, I may still find some of movies and shows funny, but I don't think I'm much of a fan anymore.

No comments: