Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Melting My Heart!

I fail to mention how awesome Olivia and Cooper can be - and it makes me sssooo proud.  The other day at the grocery store, Olivia took her change purse full of coins.  She had intentions of getting her and Cooper some candy and I told her that was fine.  When we got to the check out though, I told O that I would pay for her and Coop's candy.  There at the check out was a jar for the local Humane Society.  Olivia asked me what it was for and I told her and do you know what my loving little girl did?  She emptied out her ENTIRE change purse and put all her money in that jar. 

How stinking sweet was that?  It totally melted my heart.  She was worried that it wasn't *enough* but I told her that she gave all she had and that was more than enough.  She smiled.  

It's moments like this that remind me that even though I'm an imperfect person and parent - I do manage to teach my kids some perfect life lessons. 

No comments: