Sunday, January 16, 2011

Finally - Freedom!

Saturday brought us back to our normal routine. And by normal I mean that I still never get to sleep in on a weekend. *sigh*

The kids are playing Upward basketball again this year and really love it. Cooper is a natural (or Al was told by one of the other coaches yesterday) and made TWO 3 pointers in his game. Oh yeah, he might be small folks, but he's got mad b-ball skills. :) It was all fun and games until he missed the ball and it pounded him in the nose. He cried. In the middle of the court. I almost ran out and scooped him up. Al wouldn't let me - he got up, walked to the edge of the court and tended to Cooper. His nose BLEED. I wanted to cause bodily injury to the kid who hurt my baby. Cooper was fine after a few minutes though and even went back in the game and made a few more goals. He's a tough one, and I'm glad because I see now that I have a lot cut out for me when it comes to boys and sports. I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.

O did great in her game too - she *wants* to be sporty, but my girl has some laziness issues. When she's tired, she's ready to quit.....doesn't care if she still has six minutes in the quarter or not. But she's awesome at defense. Unless the other girl is 4 inches taller than her, and then well, I can't blame her there. :) When she gets her hands on the ball though, she's a totally different player. She tries SO HARD to make shots (and does a lot) - she just gets bored when she doesn't have the ball. I'm proud of her - I sometimes think she does most of this stuff because she knows I enjoy it and did it when I was her age and she wants to please me. I just want her to be active. We'll meet a compromise somewhere. She told me yesterday she wanted to play softball again.....she hated it before so I'm not sure where this is coming from. I'm going to talk to her because my philosophy is - once you sign up, you're committed until the season is over. No matter how much you beg or tell me you hate it and you WILL do your best and not go out there and not do a darn thing. So, we'll see about softball. I don't want to force them to play anything, I'm just trying to help them find what they like you know?

Here's my future WNBA player smiling (YES!) big!


This is what Cooper usually does while Sissy is playing. Goofing off!

No comments: