Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thanks to Matt Damon

I decided to start this blog for many reasons - mainly for my family and friends that live across the US. And I really enjoy writing, so blogging comes easy for me. Every now and then though, this blog is my "therapy" and I bravely let everyone in on how my crazy brain works.

So, back to the title - Matt Damon is to blame for a MAJOR hormonal moment I had last night. I've seen the previews for "Hereafter" a few times but never really "saw" them, you know? And I still have no idea what the main concept of the movie is - what Matt Damon's character is supposed to be doing - but I do know I'll NEVER see this movie. Last night while playing games on FB (my guilty pleasure), I looked up and saw a part of the preview where a mother and child is running from a massive wave of water. The look of fear and panic unnerved me. And it's obvious the wave wins the race. So, at that moment, nothing in my heart or head said anything. That would happen a few hours later.

I can't explain it....and if I could, I'd probably be rich - but later that night while I walked by the kids room and looked in on them, that imagine of the mother and daughter running from the tsunami wave rushed into my brain. And the tears started flowing. Not just little tears folks - I mean, real LARGE tears that make the snot run down your nose. Al's response "Mandy, those are just actors you know" - UGH. Just like a man.

Yes Al, I KNOW they are just actors. I KNOW the wave isn't really there about to crash down on them, that it's computer animated (or generated - whatever the word is) but I do KNOW that someone, somewhere during that time, actually went through that. Some mother run for her life with her child in tow. My heart was touched folks - thanks to Matt Damon.

Crazy thing though about this though.....during this whole, little, crying episode I was having - my brain was looking around saying "What the heck is going on? I thought we were going for a glass of water and now we're crying?" And my heart was saying "Shut up Brain, she's feeling something here. Let her cry, it'll be ok." Just for the record - my little episode only lasted a few minutes so please don't think I'm losing it.

And no, I'm not pregnant either. It was Matt Damon's fault for making that movie. I'm sure it's a wonderful movie - it definitely looks like it will be, but I'll probably never see it. My heart can't take it.

No comments: