Sunday, October 03, 2010

Red 40 Update

I thought I'd give a quick update on how the whole Red 40 diet has been going.

It's been going WONDERFULLY!!!!! I can not believe how easy it is to actually purge this stuff from our diets - there's so many options out there, it's unreal. Of course, I can't keep Cooper from eating ALL foods with Red 40 in it, but I think we've done a great job at eliminating as much as we can. And believe it or not, most of the stuff I find isn't organic or any more expensive than what we normally eat.

Can we tell a difference? YES, YES, and YES!!! Even Cooper's teachers have told me how great he's doing this year in school. It just amazes me on what this kid is retaining these days - such a difference from last year. He started a hip hop class a few weeks ago too and I promise you - HE remembers more of what he's learned in class that day than Olivia does! Of course, I don't know if eliminating Red 40 has been the only thing that has helped our boy....the fact that he's a little older could be a factor too.

I definitely think we've done a job though - and I most definitely think my Lil' Man is reaping the benefits. Way to go Cooper!!!!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Don't stop at Red 40. It is just one of the artificial dyes that will do what you've seen. Go to www.feingold.org and watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uptp94xLchk

And, yes, you CAN keep Cooper from foods with Red #40 and the other bad stuff. The Feingold Association was formed by parents who children experienced the same behaviors you saw in your son. They publish great materials including a food list of products free from those additives. Check it out and best wishes!