Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hardest Job

Being a parent is the hardest job EVER hands down. The part I dislike the most is disciplining the kids. I KNOW as parents, that Al and I have to discipline our kids - don't get me wrong - but man, it really breaks my heart sometimes!

For example - Olivia got in trouble at school today. I'm talking BIG trouble. The kind of trouble that calls for Mommy and Daddy to take action. So.....she's on restriction - from the TV, from the computer, from her DS, from any of her activities like Girl Scouts, etc (basically *anything* my girl enjoys) - until her behavior improves in school. She cried. And that that is the part I dislike the most folks. It literally breaks my heart in two when I see one of my kids cry. My head KNOWS that I'm doing the right thing by disciplining my child, but my heart HURTS right along with her.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Jennifer Burch said...

i know how you feel, it is very hard. I have had a hard week with Dawson. They are very stubborn sometimes, hope it gets better.

hudson4 said...

I know, at the beginning of the year I had to discipline Noah b/c of his behavior at school. I had to take football from him for a week...broke my heart, but he learned a good lesson and I haven't gotten any more notes from school so far...it will be o.k. and you're a great mom!!!