Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Are Pigs Sarcastic?

My sarcasm is not lost on Olivia. Not one bit. Tonight we headed over to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate my favorite nephew's birthday - We love you Louis! - and had a blast. One the way home, the kids were fighting about the verses to a Christmas song. Finally, Olivia turns to Cooper and says "Fine Cooper, you're smart and I'm dumb!" My response? "Olivia, stop saying stuff like that!" - to which she replied, "Oh Mommy, I'm just being sarcastic." (By the way, they were BOTH wrong about the verse.) But how funny is that? I mean, how many six year olds do you know that can use the word sarcastic? And correctly in a sentence at that! Oh yeah, my girl takes after her Mommy. I.LOVE.IT.

Also, Olivia lost another tooth - seriously, how many more can she loose??? At the time, I was sick and well, Al *forgot* to give her a dollar and take the tooth. I guess you can see where this is going right? Olivia was NOT a happy camper when she woke up that morning. She stomped in my room and threw the tooth on my bed.
"Why didn't the tooth fairy leave me money?" she demanded.
Al just STOOD there. Amateur!
"Hmmm.....The Tooth Fairy has the swine flu...leave that tooth for her tonight and she'll probably leave you $2" - says Mommy (to the rescue!)
"Ok, fine...but she better leave me my money" - another reason she's my child folks.
I find it highly amusing that even my 6 year old and 4 year old know what it means when you say "so and so has the swine flu" - crazy huh? And yes, the Tooth Fairy came that night and left Olivia the promised $2. She was very happy............not really concerned about the TF's health though, which I found kind of rude of my girl. :)

No comments: