Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why can't a ladybug be a pet?

Olivia has a thing for lady bugs. She loves them and thinks they are the best things ever. Right now, she's wearing a pair of pretty little red lady bug earrings that she WILL not let me change. Like I said, lady bugs are her *thing*. So yesterday when we rode over to Nana and Poppy's, Olivia discovered a tiny little lady bug on the front porch. She let it crawl over all her, which really surprised me since she's terrified of any other bug. And then this happened:

O: Mama! Can I have a bag?
Me: What do you need a bag for?
O: I want to take the lady bug home.
Me: Oh Olivia, you can't put a lady bug in a bag. She'll die....she needs to be outside to live.
O: I want her to be my pet!
Me: Baby Girl, lady bugs are NOT pets.
O: Well they should be!

It took me forever to convince her that a lady bug was not an acceptable pet. Thank goodness the lady bug finally had enough sense in her little bug brain to fly away!

The infamous "lady bug"


Olivia letting her "pet" crawl on her arm.


Poppy with the kids on his new mower after we finally convinced her to let the lady bug stay outside and it flew away. *whew*


Our new ride. =)


Olivia in her tap outfit. Just wanted to show you all how cute she was in her tap costume too. =)

No comments: