Friday, February 01, 2008

Is there no Good News out there?

I'm really getting to the point where I HATE to read the news online these days. A few days ago I read a story about a 3 month old baby boy being thrown out in the woods and a couple bird watching found him. How horrible! And now the police suspect his father because the family was homeless and didn't have any money. It just upsets me so bad - I mean, leave the child at a frigging hospital or police station and WALK AWAY. There's no sense in killing the child. Then yesterday I read a story about a one year old and 3 year old that freeze to death in Canada because they sorry a$$ dad was drunk and passed out while walking them to a neighbors house. First, why was he walking two small kids to a neighbors house in the winter (that was like several miles away) and second, why didn't they have *warm* clothes. Of course, HE lived. And today I read a story about a 7 year old that is in critical condition because he was found hanging in the bathroom at his school. All of this just bothers me so much these days.....I guess because I have several friends that want kids so bad and for whatever reason, they can't have them. It just makes me so sad that I know such good people that would do anything for a baby and then worthless people like I mentioned above do the things they do. I just couldn't imagine hurting my children or not having them in my life. They give my life so much meaning, make me so happy, and give me so much to look forward to in the years to come. Sure, there have been some sacrifices that Al and I have had to make (none that I don't think ALL parents make), but we would do anything for those two little mean monsters! =) I don't know.....it's just something that has been heavy on my heart for the last few days so I decided to blog about it.

I think I should just stay away from the news period!

No comments: