Sunday, February 10, 2008

Stock Car Museum

Yesterday Al and I decided to take the kids over to the Darlington Raceway Stock Car Museum. I haven't been since I was little, so we thought the kids would really enjoy looking at all the old cars. Olivia seemed to like looking at all the old cars and Cooper enjoyed the wide open space to run around in! LOL

1951 Hudson Hornet - if your kids love the movie Cars, like mine do, then you know this car was in the movie. =)


The kids walking the museum with Daddy....there were tons of cars from all different time periods of racing.

#43 Baby!!!! Richard Petty is probably my favorite race car driver......although I'm not a big race car fan!




Olivia with Dale's hand prints. She kept coming back to them and looking at them. She wanted to know if he did his handprints on his own or if he was told too? What difference does it make? LOL She called it "the famous racers hands" - cute!

Cooper by one of the cars there. He wanted to climb on it......but that's his new thing these days....climbing on everything. There may be a monkey tail in those pants!


Olivia posing by Petty's old car.


Cooper and Daddy by one of the Hemi engines used in the cars.

So, we had a pretty good time looking at the stock cars - I guess if Al and I were really into racing, then *we* would have had a blast. But I figured since we live so close to a famous race track, the kids should at least know something about it. Plus, it's all about building memories, right? =)

No comments: