Monday, February 25, 2008

Anna said I needed

to add some pictures to my blog, so here are two I *think* I haven't posted before. I didn't snap any pics of the kids over the weekend because we didn't do much this weekend! =) We had a pretty nice and relaxing weekend.....the kids spent Saturday night with Gamma and Papa so Al and I took advantage of the night away. We had dinner with Michele and Chris and then went shopping for Olivia some clothes to practice softball in. Of course, I couldn't resist a shirt for Cooper that read "Short Cute and Loveable"! That's my little man to the tee! ;)

He looks sweet and innocent enough here (this was taken at Kyan's party in October) but I have created a "Coopey Monster" - Cooper now INSISTS on going "gait gait" (which is his way of saying "night night") with ME every night. He throws a fit until I lay down in the bed with him and we even have our own little routine.....we lay down and cuddle while watching Blue Clues (or Spongebob) and then we cut the TV and go to sleep. Usually I fall asleep too and my night is ruined! LOL Al will put him in his bed but it never fails that most nights he ends up back in the bed with me......


Which leads us to Sissy. Her thing is to go to bed on her own or have Al lay down with her for awhile but she almost every night gets up and gets Al and drags him BACK to bed with her. So, Al and I have not slept in the same bed for the whole night in a while. Saturday was probably the first time in weeks. No lie.

I know we need to break these habits, but I just can't make myself do it - especially with Cooper. I mean, he won't be little forever and I know he'll eventually get to where he won't want me so much....so I guess I'm being "needy" and letting them both get away with it for now. Both kids are very "mommy" right now so I know it makes Al happy that Olivia feels like she needs *him* at night and not me......I don't know....right now I think I'm just going to enjoy snuggling with my little man and worry about the consequences later. =)

1 comment:

Beth said...

A night AND a bed to yourselves?? I bet you guys didn't know what to do with yourselves! Haha. It's nice to have time to yourselves every now and again (now if only I could convince Jeff that we need to go out without Elaina every now and again...he won't leave her with anyone!)

Oh, and she says thank you for her birthday wishes :-)