Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Talk Time

No one can embarrass me like my children. They are extremely talented in the art of making Mommy turn bright RED. Especially the first born! Last night at dance class, a woman was sitting there with her two kids. Granted, they were a mixed family (the mom was white and the kids were mixed) but I didn't think anything of it since Olivia sees this lady almost every Monday. Well......the lady had her son with her which she usually doesn't, so Olivia marches her little self up to her and asks....*insert drum roll*

O: Why is your son dark and you white?

I could have died! I totally didn't know how to handle the situation. The lady just acted like she didn't hear her (thank goodness!) and I snatched Olivia away and told her to behave. After dance class, I had a long discussion with Olivia about how some families are different and that's OK, blah, blah, blah. I know she was just curious and she's totally innocent, and all , but it really embarrassed me to death!

No comments: