Monday, November 27, 2006

Crack open belly

As I type this right now, my sister in law Amy is in labor with her first baby - little Louis!!! Al and I are so excited about being an aunt and uncle again. Of course, telling Olivia that Aunt Amy and Uncle Jay were at the hospital having their baby boy lead us to an interesting conversation.

O: When was I a little baby Mommy?
Me: Three years ago Boo Boo.
O: I was in your belly?
Me: Yeap, just like how Cooper was.
O: How did I get out?
Me: UUUHHHH.....you crawled out?
O: Did the doctor have to crack your tummy so I could get out?
Me: Ummm, yeah.
O: So it was broken and you can't crack it anymore?
Me: Oh geez, where are we going with this? The doctor can sew it back together so it can be cracked open again later.
O: Oh ok.

Where does my child come up with this stuff??? She is way too smart for her own good sometimes but like I've always said - there is never a dull moment with Olivia Grace!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's funny! When my sister had baby number 3, her oldest child asked her "Mommy, will the doctor get the baby out of your mouth or your nose?"