Friday, August 07, 2009

I don't like the quiet anymore

The kids have been at the beach ALL WEEK with my parents. At first, this sounded like a dream.....a wonderful, wonderful dream. But by Tuesday, I was ready for my kids to come HOME. It's Friday and I am so excited that they will be home tomorrow afternoon. Olivia and Cooper have "called" us each night and told us how much fun they are having, etc. It amazes me how grown up they sound when I am home with them, yet on the phone they sound so small. Does that make sense? :) I miss them terribly. Al and I have enjoyed having some time to ourselves, but we're not used to this much quiet. The kids very rarely stay away from us unless it's for an overnight trip to Grandma's house. So, this has been tough. I have wanted to call in sick to work and rush down to the beach ALL WEEK LONG. Of course, I haven't.

They have been swimming all week long - at the beach and at the pool. They LOVE water. Olivia called last night and said they had gone out to eat shrimp (her fav) and saw a real life mermaid! Her name was Melody (Ariel's daughter for all you non-Disney peeps!). They are really enjoying themselves and that makes me happy. And sad - because I missed it. :( I am honestly beside myself I am so happy and can't wait to see them. I feel like I haven't seen them in YEARS. They have probably grown 10 feet. :)

I really hope Nana and Poppy took lots of cute pictures so I can put them on here!

No comments: