Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Week of School

The kids are doing GREAT at school! Olivia thinks she is such a big girl now because she's in the "big kid" building. She does, however, have LOTS of homework (too much IMO, but hey, I'm not a teacher) that we have to do every night. She does pretty well with it too without me having to help her too, too much. She's so grown. :) She's still not happy that Raeva is not in her class, but she's slowing getting over that. I'm still getting over the fact that my firstborn is already in the 1st grade! Yikes!!!! Oh, she made the cutest little hand puppet at school the other day that had stuff like "I have brown eyes, " "I have 1 brother, no sisters" type things on it, but under "my favorite subject in school is ART" - I was surprised! I guess I shouldn't be since Olivia is so creative, but for some reason I thought something else would have been her favorite. I haven't told her yet - but art was my favorite subject in elementary school too! :)

Cooper is doing FABULOUS too! He's really connecting with his teacher this year - although she does call him COOP all the time and that really annoys me because we don't call him that - and seems to be behaving himself. I'm nervous, anxious, and excited all at the same time for Cooper - I know school is going to be a little more of a struggle for him and this year we'll really get a feel for what he's capable of. I really hope Mrs. K is a good fit for him - the class is *much* smaller than his class last year so I think he'll have plenty of one-on-one time with her. Wish him luck!!!

FYI - my little man turns FOUR in 11 days! Can you believe that? Four years already flown by....man!

1 comment:

analiese said...

You should really tell the teacher not to call him Coop if it bothers you! As a teacher, I cannot tell you how many times I have been told that by a parent. And my mom was always the parent telling the teacher, "her name is Analiese, not Ana and not Liese...Analiese." :)