Monday, April 16, 2007

What was I thinking?

I have no idea what I was thinking over the weekend. On Friday night, Cooper woke us up screaming crying. I mean, you would have thought a dingo was after him or something (A Dingo ate my baby!!!!). When Al got in the bedroom, Cooper wasn't in his crib! Somehow he had gotten out of his crib, climbed under it, and then totally FREAKED out.

Background story : one side of Cooper's crib keeps coming loose if you push on it hard enough - we keep messing with it and thinking we have it fixed, but after a few days, Cooper messes it up again. SSSSOOO, with that being said, Al and I assumed he had pushed on the side of the crib and climbed out. So, here's when I have my *brilliant* idea - let's just take the side of the crib down, put up the side rail for the toddler bed and see how he does. Now does that sound like a really bad idea looking back or what? Ha! Well, the little stinker tricked us! Saturday night went pretty darn well....he might have cried a few times but that was it. Sunday morning I thought I was a genius! WWWEEELLLL......Sunday night was a completely different story. Cooper went to bed like normal with no problems until about 11pm. Then all HADES broke loose!

Cooper was up and down, up and down, up and down, cried, cried, cried and wanted to be held and rocked. Finally close to 1am, we decided to just put the side of the crib back up and put him to bed. I guess my little man wasn't ready for a toddler bed after all. And I have to admit, I am kind of glad because I was so sad looking into his room and not seeing the crib set up. He's growing so fast that it hurts my heart. And don't get me started on Olivia. I tear up just thinking about her starting school soon!

Anyways, I'm done with brilliant ideas for awhile! We're leaving Cooper where he is for a little while longer. :)

No comments: