Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Picking Scraw-Berries

Olivia has been asking me for the longest time to take her to pick some "scrawberries" so Al and I finally took the kids up to McLeod Farms in McBee over the weekend. It was really fun! We got to ride the golf cart down to where they wanted us to pick - which Cooper HATED....for whatever reason my baby is terrified of golf carts. Then when we jumped down, Olivia picked a few scrawberries and announced she was done. Wait, her exact words were "I'm tired, my hands hurt, you pick the scrawberries Mommy." So guess who got to pick all the strawberries? Yeap me! Al didn't even get his butt off the golf cart. What a slacker! Cooper ate as many as he picked which I thought was cute.

We got some really pretty strawberries though. When we got back to the store, we paid for them and then got some strawberry ice cream for Ms. Griggs and Cooper and I got some peach cobbler. It was yummy! Not good on a diet, but I think Coop ate most of it anyways. I do think we'll go back in a few weeks and let the kids have at it again. Oh, and I took some pics so I'll try to have those posted. Well, Al took the pics since his slack self was just sitting there!

No comments: