Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Naked Butterflies......

Apparently Olivia remembers EVERYTHING. She used to sing the "Nekkid" song but had seemed to have forgotten all about it. Unfortunately, she remembered it last night. It goes a little something like this...."I'm naked, na na na na na na, I'm naked, na na na na na" and she sways back and forth. Quite the catchy tone really. There are also a ton of variations of this song...There's the "Mommy, you naked, na na na na" one, the "Cooper's naked, na na na na na" and so on. And she doesn't even have to be naked to sing it - take off a sock, the song is sung. Leave her in her pull up, the song is sung. Put on her nightgown, the song is sung. Did I mention it was catchy?

Also, when we play "family" - Olivia is always, and I mean always, "the baby". For example, she likes to play Bee Family. I'm the Mommy Bee, Al is the Daddy Bee, and she is the Baby Bee. What's Cooper though? A Butterfly. Yeap, she says he's a butterfly. Which I can sort of understand when we're playing Bee Family. But it doesn't matter what game we play......Bear family, Horse family, Camel family....He's a butterfly. I don't know where it came from, but that's what she says he is. He's probably the prettiest little butterfly I've ever seen! :) When we're not playing Bee Family, Olivia occupies herself with her doll, Baby Jesus. It's the dirtiest little doll in the world, but his name is Baby Jesus and she loves him. Ha! Baby Jesus usually sleeps with her at night, or he can be found jammed in her play highchair or squished under Cooper's clothes in his clothes basket. Because, as Olivia tells me....Baby Jesus sleeps in a bed of hay or in a basket like Moses. Who can't love this kid??

On a non-baby note, one of our boxers, Layla is pregnant. Just great! I guess that Lab from across the street got to her while she was in heat. The stupid dog did all but climb our fence to get into the back yard. UGH! So, if you know anyone who wants a free puppy soon, let me know! Maybe I can work on potty training the puppies along with Olivia. Ha!

No comments: