Thursday, January 26, 2006

Dance Dance, Tap Tap




Olivia takes dance at her daycare every Thursday. You would never know it though! She refuses to show me or her Daddy any glimpse of a dance move. She will hold her hands out and say "Ta Da!" So does that count? Every Thursday morning when I get her ready to get dressed in her tights and leotard, she tells me, "Mommy I don't want to dance!" I had this battle with her this very morning. She also wants a BLUE leotard which apparently no one makes because I have yet to come across one. I'm just waiting for her to tell me she wants a Dora one. But according to her beloved Judy, she can't wait until 10 am when it's time to tap away. Just goes to show that you can never really be certain of anything that Olivia says.

I've had to resort to bribery to motivate Olivia to go potty. Obviously my "you should be ashamed that you're still in a pull up" tactic has failed miserably. She told me she LIKED peeing and pooping in her pants. Real nice Olivia. I asked her what it would take to get her to be a big girl and she replied that she wanted a "pack pack" (backpack) like Dora's. Exactly like Dora's. It has to be purple. So I searched......none at Walmart, none at Target, none at Roses. Here I am thinking I will never ever get her potty trained. Thank goodness for eBay! It was my life saver! Yeap, they had TONS of Dora "pack packs" on there. So, Al and I gave it to her yesterday and sure enough, it was a big hit. She even slept with it in her bed. And wore it to daycare this morning. I wouldn't let her take it in though because "someone might steal it" so now she thinks everyone at daycare is a thief. If she asks if she can take something in and I say no, she'll ask me if so and so will steal it. Of course I say yes. :) They are all thieves at that daycare you know? So wish me luck on the whole potty training deal....it is totally stressing me out but doesn't really seem to phase Olivia Grace at all! I just have a fear I'll be training her and Cooper together if something doesn't change soon!

Oh, and last night we made a new "family" game! We were the Butterfly family! Yay! Cooper gets to be a butterfly along with everyone else. WRONG! He's the yellow bumble bee. Poor Coop can't catch a break for nothing!

No comments: