Wednesday, October 24, 2012

You're NINE

Yesterday when I got home, O ran up to me telling me she had a secret.
 
O:  I have a secret.  Want to hear it?
 
Me:  Of course.
 
O:  Caleb asked me out.
 
Me:  *eyes wide*  Excuse me?  Camden asked you out?
 
O:  *eye roll*  No, Caleb.  My best friend in my class.  He asked me out.  I don't like Camden.
 
Me:  *having chest pains*  What did you say to Caleb?  What is this boy's last name?  Have you ever seen his mother? (I probably sounded as frantic in real life too.)
 
O:  Hall.  His mom, hmmm, no.  (like duh)  Oh, and I told him maybe.
 
Me:  Maybe?  You should have said NO.
 
O:  What?  I said maybe.
 
So needless to say, Al and I had mini strokes and heart attacks last night.  She's NINE.  She's in FOURTH grade.  Is it really that time where she's going to notice little boys?  I was hoping this wouldn't happen until like college or something.
 
This growing up thing is tough.  I don't like it at all!  I swear just last week she thought boys had cooties. 
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JJ came home one day and told me that one of his friends at school had told him "when a boy and girl kiss its called sex". THEY ARE 6 and 7 YEAR OLDS! *sigh* growing up is way too tough on the parents