Friday, August 10, 2012

My "Not a Harley" of my own!

I have motorcycle fever. 

I didn't see it coming, Al didn't see it coming - NO ONE saw it coming.  But I got it.  Riding passenger on Al's Fatboy is SO.MUCH.FUN. Seriously, I can't tell you if I enjoy it more or if Al does! 

So I decided to get one of my own and learn to ride.  :)  We looked at about 6 different bikes.  I was sold on the Honda Rebel for awhile because it was light, great for beginners, and *cheap.* Al wasn't convinced I would be happy with it though, so we looked at a 883 Sportster (which scared me to death just sitting on) and a couple different Honda Shadows. 

Al found the perfect fit Honda Shadow for me. He knew it was perfect, and when I sat on it and felt how comfortable I was on it, I knew he was right. So I got it.  I had my first lesson yesterday afternoon and I did pretty good.  I stalled a few times but finally got the hang of what to do to prevent that.  Once I got use to it, it wasn't scary or anything.  Of course, I was going straight up and down a road.  I haven't practiced turns yet.  :)  Wish me luck!  I had a ball yesterday riding.  I will be going to get my permit in a week or so and I plan on taking my time getting comfy with the bike before I try for the test. 


It screams "Mandy!"




No comments: