Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting my blogging groove back

I know 2011 has been a bad year for me and the blog.  I really didn't mean for it to be, honest. 

I came home from running last night to find Olivia walking (or attempting to walk) around the house dragging her right foot.  Apparently she fell at school that morning and spent the whole day trying to walk on it and just making it worse.  So, today as we sat in the doctor's office waiting on x-ray results to make sure it wasn't broke, I thought "Dear Lord, I HAVE to blog this!"  I'm not sure if that makes me really, really sad or if it means I'm finally getting my blog groove back.

I'm going with blog groove baby. 

O got feathers.  Pretty cute I think!


Livvie Grace is such an old soul.  And so grown.  But it's days like today when I'm reminded that she's still a kid.  Still needs me.  And I love it.  O loves Dr. Bonnie so when we saw her, it wouldn't have mattered if I were in the room or not.  But as soon as we headed to x-ray, well, that's when my girl actually turned into a little girl.  She got shy.  Scared.  I caught her looking for me a few times as my friend Lyn took x-rays of her foot.  I felt needed - I was reminded that no matter how independent Olivia is, there will always be times when she simply needs her mommy. 

I wish she would smile.  Just once.

Oh, about Livvie's foot?  It's not broken!  Yay!!!   And wasn't Cooper supposed to be the kid I take to the doctor about a possible broken bone?  I can't believe Olivia beat him to the punch. 

No comments: