Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Have I mentioned this job is tough?

WARNING - venting blog!

I didn't sign up for the "parenting" job almost 8 years ago. The "parenting" job decided it wanted me and Al. Ha ha! (although that's really not far from the truth!) I wouldn't change it for the world of course, but sometimes, especially days like today - reality hits me hard in the face. Parenting isn't always fun.

Obviously, it's fun about 80% of the time - but that other 20% still creeps up every now and then to put you in check. For example, Cooper (yes, Cooper!) got in trouble at school today. He did something completely out of his character to another student. I was so disappointed in Cooper and that totally hurt my heart. Every parent thinks their kid is perfect - I'm guilty of that - but let's face it. They're not. Say it with me.....My kid is not perfect. Once you learn that - then this whole parenting thing gets a little easier.

I'm still struggling with that - but I'm coming around. Kids will be kids. They will misbehave in school, disappoint you, and make you question if you're doing the right thing as a parent. I mean, there's pressure when you know it's up to YOU to make sure they turn out to be awesome people. It's a tough job.

But if you do this job right - make it through the tough times - the rewards are totally worth reaping!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Mandy, you are so positive even when you are frustrated...thank you for the encouragement to all the other moms out there (including me!) I am definitely learning that even when I do everything 'right' (HA), Gavin still has a mind of his own and will have to learn some things the hard way! Thank goodness God gives us grace along the way. I'll say a prayer for you and by the way, I think you are doing a GREAT job.

hudson4 said...

You are an awesome mom, and it is certainly the hardest job in the world! With God's grace and lots of wisdom, we'll raise Godly children! At least that's my prayer anyway!
Love ya!