Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Eight Years Without

I was reminded today by my friend Anna that today was her daughter and son-in-law's 8th wedding anniversary. As soon as I heard this, it suddenly reminded me that it's been eight years since my Grandma Alma passed away. Wow. Eight years....it feels like 100 years honestly. I had tears in my eyes sitting at my desk today thinking about how much I miss her - and how I miss her as much now, eight years later, as I did the day she left us. If you knew my Grandma Alma, you know she was one of a kind. She was probably the most stubborn woman I have ever known - until Olivia Grace entered this world. Mom and I joke that OGG is the reincarnation of my Grandma because she is so hard headed. Grandma Alma was more than that though - she was the strongest woman I knew, smarter than most people gave her credit for, and was the most loyal person I've ever met. When I was little, I thought she was the coolest....even in her grass green car! She loved us - and although she never had a lot to give you - she'd do anything for you. I miss her so bad it hurts. I wish with all my heart that she could have met her great grandchildren - she'd be so proud of them and would spoil them worse than the grandparents would. Grandma LOVED kids. It breaks my heart that she passed away before she got to see me get married and before she could have met O, Cooper, and Madeline. There's not one single day that goes by that I don't think of her. Have I mentioned that I miss her immensely?

Not the usual Ha Ha blog I know - I just can't believe I've lived 8 years without her.

1 comment:

hudson4 said...

I feel your loss,b/c I feel the same way about my grandparents. We should consider ourselves so blessed to have been close to them! I know she is smiling down on you and your beautiful family, and she is very proud!!!
Love ya:)