Monday, January 04, 2010

Resolutions....

Normally I don't do resolutions...I never really keep up with them anyways. But I've been reading some of my friends on Facebook and on other blogs and it got me thinking....Is it so bad to have some New Year resolutions? Here's my list:

1. I started WW (Weight Watchers for all you skinny people) as of 1/1/10. So, at this point I'm on day three. Still as tough as it the first day. Al is doing it with me though so that is helping a ton. He's very encouraging and I'm "known" for cheating if given a chance. :)

2. Al and I joined the gym last summer and have done really well with going and working out. I started running - or jogging - or walking really, really fast - whatever you want to call it - until I pulled a muscle in my side. THEN the holidays came up and I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks! YIKES!!! So, I do plan on getting back into *that* routine and get back at my running/givingmyselfaheartattack so that I can run a full mile soon. That's my ultimate goal - a whole mile of running where I don't have to stop and gasp for air.

3. I need more patience w/the kids....there are days they can drive me absolutely CRAZY. I need to remind myself that they are just kids and not let stupid, petty things annoy me. Those two mean, wild monkeys are my two greatest accomplishments. Plus, I want them to get older and tell their friends "Hey, my mom is *COOL*" - is that bad? :)

I think three is enough don't you? Chances are, only one of these three will actually make it! LOL

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I am with you on the fitness resolution...and on just staying positive in general. I have been known to worry too much!!! And I think you are definitely a cool mom :) Happy New Year!