Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Yell Free (One Day!)

I've been reading a mom's blog on BabyCenter.com (great site by the way) for awhile now and she has a no-yelling-for-3-months goal. Of course, if you read it today you'll find that she didn't make it. :) BUT....it got me thinking. My kids are whiners, moaners, screetchers (sp?)...you name it. And usually I'm the only one with them every morning during the work week. So, it's easy to say that yes, I yell. (Please, get that shocked look OFF your face!) Most of the time I have no choice but to yell to get Olivia out of bed or get Cooper moving to the bathroom. I don't want to yell though - I feel like it starts their mornings off so negatively and then I feel guilty for the rest of the day. I've decided that I'm going to try this goal....kind of like those monthly resolutions I lost track of months ago....remember those? It should be easy....all I have to do is keep my cool during our morning routine of getting two wet octopuses into clothes, fangs brushed, hair patted down, and out the door.....after that I'm at work and I've made it! So, starting tomorrow I am going to try for ONE whole day of no-yelling-at-my-kids. If I can make it one day, then I can shoot for two. One day at a time you know?

And of course by yelling I don't mean I'm standing there screaming at my kids at the top of my lungs - but if you have kids and you're reading this - you understand what I mean! Wish me luck! :)

No comments: