Saturday, May 09, 2009

Happy Mom's Day!

I never thought I would be a mommy. Honest. You can ask my mom - she'll tell you how I was. All that changed when I met my husband.....I knew pretty soon into meeting Al that I wanted a life with him - including kids. My kids are wonderful, crazy, loving, wild - they are *mine* and I love that. I love looking at their beautiful faces and thanking God for them - for giving them to me. Sometimes I wonder what I did RIGHT to have them. Olivia and Cooper teach me things everyday - it's true that kids can be wise beyond their years. They give my life a purpose, and feel me such joy that I can't remember what my life was like "pre kid" - and I don't mind that all that much. Mother's Day is one of my favorite holidays simply because the kids always make me wonderful homemade presents at school. I LOVE homemade gifts.
And you know what my favorite part of Mother's Day is? Hearing my 6 year old and 3 1/2 say "I love you Mommy!" Makes my heart melt every single time! Happy Mother's Day to all my Mommy friends! Have a great day!

No comments: