Thursday, December 06, 2012

Memories

One of my fondest memories about my grandparents is their ceramic Christmas tree.  It probably sat about 12 inches tall and plugged into the wall.  They never put up a fake or real tree, they simply put the ceramic tree on one of their tables and stuck it in front of the living room window.
 
I thought they were the coolest.  I'm not sure why I thought that tree was so neat, but I did.  After my grandparents passed away, the tree disappeared.  There's no telling what happened to that tree - I hope someone got it at the yard sale my aunt had and taken wonderful care of it.
 
So, I stumbled across some on eBay one day and knew I had to have one.  You wouldn't believe how much these things are going for on eBay!  It's unreal!  I looked for a good week, always getting outbid on one.  I finally WON a 19 inch vintage ceramic Christmas tree a few weeks ago.  That eBay notification was probably the best one I've ever received. 
 
I've put the tree together and displayed out in the living room.  It immediately brought back all those wonderful memories of my Granny and PawPaw Hill.  I love it.  The kids love it.  They are happy I found one too.  It looks old timey.  I can't wait to make memories with it with the kids and future grand kids. 
 
 
It's the best Christmas gift I could have ever given myself.  :)  

No comments: