Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Halfway

It's hard to believe that summer is already halfway over.  In about a month, the kids both start new schools.  They are excited and nervous at the same time. 

I hope being at different schools will be good for them - they've been together at such a small school for so long that it's like the teachers saw them as one, instead of individuals.  And since they have such different personalities, I think they'll enjoy the space to be themselves without worrying about being compared to their sibling.

Kind of makes me glad there's 4 years between my older brother and myself.  He was usually leaving school when I started the school.  Until we got to college, then he slowed down a bit.  :) 

I am anxious about the new transition.  It's because right now I just don't know specifics about their schools - are they riding the bus, how early can I drop them off, how big are the classes, does O have to wear certain colors, etc.  I'll be more relaxed once school starts but right now I just feel on edge about not knowing.  I knew what to expect at THA, so this is new for me. 

But for now we'll just enjoy the rest of our summer and worry about the details later.  One thing I know, my kids are adaptors and they will do great.  School isn't even on their minds yet.  Swimming in the pool and going to the zoo are our major concerns for now.

How are you spending the rest of your summer break?

No comments: