Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tooth Fairy is Playing Favorites

Cooper probably thinks the Tooth Fairy is playing favorites or just doesn't like him at all.  He's 6 1/2 years old and doesn't have ONE single loose tooth yet.  His baby teeth are perfect.  I kid you not - he's got the prettiest little baby teeth I've ever seen.  He wants a loose tooth so bad I'm surprised Al and I haven't found him knocking his head against the wall or something.

Olivia, on the other hand, has lost more teeth than I can keep count.  I don't know how many teeth you're supposed to have, but I swear to all things mighty this girl has lost about 100.  When she had her first loose tooth, the Tooth Fairy was ELATED.  But then she kept losing them and the Tooth Fairy had to take out a small loan to keep up. 

Luckily, we had a dry spell after that.  The Tooth Fairy was able to pay off her loan AND save up for future lost teeth.  All was right in the world.  Olivia didn't lose one single tooth last year.  Not ONE. 

Then a few days ago she mentions a tooth was hurting and was loose.  I joked that it was probably a permanent tooth and it was falling out because she doesn't brush her teeth well enough.  But no, it's ANOTHER FRIGGING BABY TOOTH (which is good I know, but seriously, aren't they all out already?)  The Tooth Fairy started to get nervous because O's record is not to lose just one, but several.  Finally the tooth came out last night and the Tooth Fairy was able to scrounge up a few dollars to put under her pillow.  (Tooth Fairy has an online shopping problem and always short on cash.) 

Cooper was mad this morning.  I mean, I had to force the boy to brush his teeth because he's now on  a mission to just let his baby teeth rot out.  *sigh*  I locked the garage door because I fear he may sneak in some pliers and try to pull a few out.   I even explained to him that the Tooth Fairy liked him and his sister equally, it just wasn't time for him to lose any teeth.

He's still not a happy camper.  And honestly, pulled teeth kind of grosses this Tooth Fairy out. 

No comments: