Monday, April 16, 2012

Soccer has started

It's Upward Soccer time at our house!  Every Saturday for the next two months will be spent out on a soccer field.  Cooper LOVES soccer - and he's actually pretty good at it too.  He's got crazy speed.  O, on the other hand, enjoys it but only when she's playing certain positions.  Ha ha - she's a trooper though, and I'm proud that she keeps at it.

Al and I are coaching O's team this year - which is funny since neither us know what we're doing.  But, I can tell you, (and I'm sure Al would agree) we are having a GREAT time coaching these girls.  I honestly wasn't sure what I was getting us into (yes, I volunteered Al - ha ha!) but I'm glad I did it.  We are by far not the best team out there, but that's ok.  The girls get along and seem to be having a good time.  I had offered to help coach Cooper's team but with their practices at the same time on the same day and games at the same time some this season, I won't really get to help.  I promised him that I would make it up to him and volunteer to coach his team next season.  He'll be moving up out of the kindergarten/co-ed teams and into an all boys team.  Talk about interesting!  Ha ha!

We had our first game on Saturday - my team got stomped.  No, STOMPED.  Those girls on the other team showed no mercy whatsoever to my girls.  I guess that's a good lesson to my team, but it would have been nice if the other team had eased up a little before the last 6 minutes of the game.  We had no substitutions so the girls had to play the entire game and they got wore out.  I think the game this weekend will be better though since they now know what to expect.  At least that's what I'm hoping/praying/doing a dance for - I hope the first game isn't going to be a hint on how all our games will be going.  That might make for a long season!  Ha ha!  Seriously though, the girls are doing great and I'm super proud of them. 


Super Cooper before Sissy's game.  He's too cool ya'll.

My O - ready to play!

Wish us luck on Saturday!  :)  

No comments: