Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What a load of......

CRAP.

Sorry folks, there's no other way to say it.


My cousin Barry was shot and killed while on duty in Houston, Texas in December of 2000.  The man who shot and killed him is on death row.

He may now have a chance to get a new trial because he supposedly was not defended properly.  What a load of crap.  So, you're first two lawyers weren't good enough to get a guilty man off so you have a right to find a lawyer who is?  Are you kidding me?

I'm by no means "Pro Death Penalty" but I'm not completely against it either.  I understand that there are innocent people put in jail all the time - but this man is far from innocent.  He's basically trying to place blame on the other guy simply because the other guy's father was also a cop.  He's trying to say he was framed so that the police community could protect one of their own.  Yeah right.  I was never for the death penalty until my cousin was murdered.  Such a sad circumstance to happen for me to realize that sometimes the death penalty isn't the wrong answer.  I simply believe that there are some crimes that should be punishable by death. 

Where were my cousin's rights when he was arresting this guy and he shot him?  All because he had a record and would likely do jail time.  It completely and utterly infuriates me.  I can't imagine what my Aunt and Uncle and all my cousins go through while dealing with this.  The victim and the lives of their family always seem to be the least of importance.  That's just wrong.  We spend so much time focusing on the rights of the criminal that we forget why they are a criminal to begin with.  I pray that "Will" doesn't get his new trial and all his efforts are exhausted.  I know that sounds cruel, but I'm not sorry.  I'm just not.

No bashing me for my opinions - it's my blog after all. 

No comments: