Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I know, I know

I know, I know......I said I was going to get better at blogging.  I really do apologize!


I signed Al and I (yes, you read that - I signed Al up) to coach Upward Soccer this year.  I thought it would be fun and really get us connected as a family.  I swear sometimes we are all plugged into some sort of iPod, iPad, iPhone and I'm just tired of it.  I know NOTHING.  And I mean NOTHING about soccer.  I do know you're supposed to kick the ball into the goal.  That's about it.  I was really hoping I'd get smaller kids, but we ended up with O's age group.  Which means, they keep score and I've got to try to teach these girls something about soccer and maybe, just maybe win a game or two.  I already hate the pressure.  Ha ha!  We are looking forward to it though and I hope this is an experience that Al and I will both enjoy.  If not, I'll never hear the end of it from him.  :)


On a more serious note - one of my oldest and dearest friends lost her brother over the weekend. Please say an extra prayer for the Lloyd family.  Casey was a son, brother, father and loved by many.  I remember him best as a young kid - he loved coming over to our house to see my dad.  Tommi Lynn and Becky were wonderful big sisters and always looked out for their little brother.  Prayers are needed to help the family through this difficult time and the days ahead when they must pick up the pieces and continue on.  

No comments: