Monday, August 15, 2011

New do for school!


Olivia has a new hair do to celebrate a new school year!  How awesome does my girl look?  She actually picked out the cut herself.....and I have to admit, I was nervous at first because it's ssssoooo short.  But it looks great on her and she thinks she is FABULOUS now.  Ha ha!

School starts on Thursday and I'm ready!  I can't say the same for the kids, but Mommy and Daddy are ready.  We do the whole "Meet and Greet" thing on Wednesday.  I know Cooper's teacher already and I think he'll do fine.  Livvie has a new teacher this year so hopefully she will hit it off with her.  It's hard to believe that O will be in 3rd grade and Cooper will be in 5k.  Wow.  Where did the time go??

In other news - my Mom had back surgery for the third time almost 2 months ago.  It's been a slow recovery but I think she's getting there.  She's not 100% yet, but hopefully she's on the right path.  It's been a hard road for her and very hard for me at times.  My mom is a super strong woman and to see her in constant pain for so long has been hard.  But it's made me want to run more and accomplish things I didn't think I could simply for her.   I have to give a big thank you for my inlaws who have kept the kids for the last 2 months.  Thanks Joyce and Alton!  Al and I are very lucky to have parents that are willing to help us out.  This summer would have been tough otherwise! 

No comments: