Sunday, April 04, 2010

Seven Years


Has it seriously been seven years since Olivia entered our lives? Wow. I can't believe it - time really does fly. I remember when she first learned to crawl; she did the funniest "army" crawl that always had us cracking up. I remember getting her one year portrait made and I had to run her down the whole time. I remember being at Target with her at 2 1/2 and a teacher tell me how her verbal skills were at a 4 year old level. At 3, she was a big sister and loved helping me with her brother. Year 4 - she started school and I cried like a baby but had a teacher that ADORED her. By the age of 5, my girl could get me in MAJOR trouble because she could memorize anything after hearing it. Last year as a 6 year old - my girl started big school and I once again, cried like a baby. It makes me sad to think that the next seven years could fly by as fast as these first seven have. I want her to stay little forever and ever.

What can I say about my newly seven year old girl? She makes me happy in ways I never knew were possible. She's so smart - asks a MILLION questions - and wants what she wants. She'll never crack a smile but has the cutest giggle EVER if she gets tickled. Her imagination is WILD and she inherited my love of reading. She is so stubborn that sometimes I wonder why I didn't name her Alma because she's just like her Great Grandma.

Her birthday fell on Easter this year and she thought that was the coolest thing. I can't imagine my life without her. Her brother loves her so much that he has serious idol fever......if Sissy can do it, so can he. Her personality is so strong, so independent that she drives me bonkers, but my heart melts when I see her sleeping. She's not your typical girl - but she's my girl - she's got her Daddy wrapped - and I hope I get to celebrate 100 more birthdays with her.

Happy Birthday Olivia Grace Griggs. Daddy and I love you so much and can't thank God enough for giving us to you.

No comments: